I can think of so many reasons not to blog right now…
- I just had a baby… Baby J is one month old today!!!
- I’m sleep deprived most days because Baby J still has his days and nights mixed up.
- When will I have time to write?
- I haven’t touched my children’s novel in months and I’m anxious that I’ll never finish it now that the baby is my main priority.
- Post partum hormones are making me overly emotional and anxious about everything.
Baby J is a true gift and I’m enjoying motherhood and its sleepless nights. But I’m also thinking about my writing projects which are still in the draft and planning stages. As tempting as it is to dive into a new project I’m going to stick it out and finish the novel I started over a year ago.
My goal for this week is to re-read my draft and make notes. NO REWRITING ALLOWED. I’m just reading and making notes for future editing.
If you’re interested in following my journey it would be great to have some company, and I would love to hear from moms who write about how you balanced writing with a new addition to the family.